Business processes are the heartbeat of every organization. Yet they are often the most overlooked and neglected. At One Source Document Solutions (OSDS), we know how vital and effective a streamlined process can be to the success and overall health of an organization- whether it be local or city government. Over the last 20 years in the industry, we have determined that integration is the key to this success.
By definition, integration is the process of linking together various software applications to provide functionality and act as a coordinated unit within the context of a business process. Meaning, there is fluid communication between multiple systems to produce a desired result. The most common reasons for integrating software systems are:
- Reducing costs and time through automation
- Increasing efficiency by reducing user training on multiple systems
- Eliminating data errors
When contemplating integration, we recommend starting with your current business process. Take the time analyze it and then explore possible solutions to the problems. Some great questions to ask yourself are:
- Who are the users?
- Is my existing process effective?
- What is my desired outcome for this process?
- What systems or applications are currently being used?
- How is the functionality?
In the end, integration should serve to boost the efficiency of your ECM (Enterprise Content Management) system and increase overall productivity for your organization. We recommend Laserfiche
for ECM needs. The architectural system of Laserfiche is built to easily interact with other applications and offers multiple tools for integration:
- Laserfiche Connector. No coding required to integrate.
- Laserfiche SDK. Set of libraries from developers at Laserfiche.
- Laserfiche Weblink or Web Access. Ability to link an application with a URL.
- Laserfiche Workflow SDK. Specialized library for programming the Workflow server.
In addition to providing a free productivity assessment, we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have- simply email us
. You can also download and run a test utility
to see if your integration is possible with Laserfiche Connector. Additional resources are available at the Laserfiche Solution Exchange
Article by Leigh Anne Hunt, One Source Document Solutions